Each session addresses your healing on levels of physical body, mind, spirit and emotion.
All modalities of bodywork – deep tissue, Swedish Relaxation, Reiki, Rosen Method – are the same hourly rate
Home and off-site sessions are possible with advanced notice for an additional fee based on distance from Newport Rhode Island.
Gift Certificates are always available!
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Bodywork can also help and specifically address a number of health issues
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts and completion.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
I look forward to serving you at the 117 Bellvue Ave, Newport, Rhode Island Sanctuary.
Rosen Method is a form of bodywork that addresses deep holding patterns within the body. The body is a gateway into subconscious patterns of holding tension. A muscle can either be working or be relaxed. When a muscle of muscle group is chronically holding tension, there has been a pattern established by the body in order to survive specific circumstances or life experience. Intellectually we may know that we no longer need to be in survival mode, but on a cellular level our body may still be bracing itself. Rosen Bodywork facilitates introspection into the purpose served by chronic physical tension. This bodywork supports awareness of the emotional, physical and cognitive aspects of unconscious material. Using touch words and presence, a safe space is provided which offers clients the opportunity to listen deeply and access the truth behind the tension, Life outside a person begins to reflect this truth and living a more authentic life becomes possible.
Sessions are one hour. The client lies partially clothed and also covered by a sheet on a massage table. No oils are used. Using hands that listen rather than manipulate and supportive words, the client’s awareness is guided to chronic muscle tension. As relaxation occurs, the breath deepens, feelings emerge freeing the client to experience greater life vitality.
Over time, clients often report experiencing less anxiety and stress, increased freedom and less physical and emotional pain, more balance in their emotional life, ability to make clearer decisions, engaging in healthier relationships and an overall sense of well being.
Through Rosen Method, you can:
- Bring out your natural capacity for movement, for emotion, for expression
- Stop reinforcing old habits that are causing tension and discomfort
- Cultivate awareness of your body in the present moment
- Find a somatic way to practice deep listening in relationship
- Learn to mobilize your parasympathetic nervous system
- Reveal unconscious beliefs and feelings
I look forward to facilitating your first experience or continuing with you on your Rosen Method Bodywork sessions in Newport Rhode Island Sanctuary.
For more information please check out The Rosen Method here